Mission 

To enable all young people, especially those who need us the most, to reach their full potential as productive, responsible, caring citizens.

History 

The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay has been a strong thread in the fabric of the Tampa Bay community for more than 90 years. In 1926, the Tampa Rotary Club established the first Club, - the West Tampa Boys Club. After successfully financing and operating the Club for almost 20 years, the Rotarians recognized a need for expansion and thus began the growth of an organization dedicated to serving young men and women.

History Highlights 
  • 1926

    Tampa Rotary establishes the West Tampa Boys Club

  • 1947

    Ybor City Boys Club opens doors in Cuscaden Park.

  • 1950

    The Optimist Club of West Tampa continues commitment through construction of the Interbay Boys Club.

  • 1951

    George Guida and the Optimist Club of West Tampa begin construction to replace the the original West Tampa Boys Club.

  • 1957

    The Boys Club of Tampa became an official partner of the United Way.

  • 1970

    Partnerships with Hillsborough County, City of Tampa and the Conn Memorial Foundation present the opportunity for further expansion and impact.

  • 1980

    Ybor City Boys Club renamed the Jose Llaneza Branch.

  • 1980

    The Dover Boys Club opens its doors thanks to partnership with Hillsborough County Parks & Recreation.

  • 1981

    Pilot program at the Interbay Boys Club includes service to girls.

  • 1982

    The Boys Club of Tampa changes their name to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Tampa.

  • 1983

    The North Tampa Boys & Girls Club opens its doors at Rowlette Park. The Zonta Club opens its doors in Lowry Park, thanks to efforts from the Zonta Women’s Club.

  • 1985

    The West Tampa Club is renamed the George M. Steinbrenner Family West Tampa Boys & Girls Club.

  • 1989

    Partnership with Hillsborough County Parks & Recreation continues with the opening of the Town n Country Club. The NationsBank Robles Park Boys & Girls Club also opens its doors. Through a joint effort with the City of Plant City, the Plant City Boys & Girls Club begins serving youth.

  • 1990

    The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Tampa changes its name to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay to reflect expansion. The Rembrandt Boys & Girls Club opens its doors with the support of the Hillsborough County Children’s Board.

  • 1991

    The Ponce DeLeon Boys & Girls Club opens its doors in partnership with the Hillsborough County Children’s Board, Tampa Housing Authority and the United Way.

  • 1997

    The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay merges with Girls, Inc.

  • 2002

    The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay merges with Boys & Girls Clubs of Pasco County.

  • 2012

    Boys & Girls Clubs of America changes its tagline after 17 years from “A Positive Place for Kids” to “Great Futures Start Here.”

  • 2013

    The first Hillsborough County Sherriff partner site opens known as the Freddie Solomon Boys & Girls Club.

  • 2018

    The Jeff & Penny Vinik Family Boys & Girls Club at Winston Park opens as the fourth Hillsborough County Sherriff partner site.