Did You Know?
- Teens make up over 40% of Club population.
- 4644- Number of teens served in the Club in 2011 compared to 4,324 in 2010.
- $50,000 - The amount awarded in service stipends to over 250 teens that participated in the Job Readiness Program.
- According to program data, 92% of participating teens showed increased competencies in job readiness.
- 92% - The graduation rate of Club Members that successfully graduated high school compared to their peer’s county rate of 70%.
Teen retention is crucial as it relates to our goal of transforming young people into becoming responsible and productive citizens. Studies have shown that Boys & Girls Clubs tend to lose Club Members at the age of 13 and beyond due to extracurricular activities, after-school employment, and other obligations. Studies also show that the time when youth are most susceptible to participating in juvenile delinquency is between the hours of 3 pm – 7 pm. Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay has devised several key programs that work keep our teens in our Clubs and off the streets or home alone.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay serves more than 10,000 youth annually in Hillsborough and Pasco Counties and our doors are open Monday- Friday for young people between the ages of 5-18 years. Learn More
So you want to get involved with Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay? It just takes one. There are numerous ways that you can help our organization, whether it is through volunteering, making a donation, or applying for a career. Learn More
Steinbrenner Metro Service Center
1307 N. MacDill Avenue
Tampa, FL 33607
Our events raise valuable funds that go directly back to our Clubs. There are many ways you can support us througout the year.