Boys & Girls Club of Tampa Bay

DONATE

CLUB REGISTRATION

JOB OPENING

VOLUNTEER

Who We Are

Our Mission

To enable all young people, especially those who need us the most, to reach their full potential as productive, responsible, caring citizens.

Our Vision

We are committed to providing a world-class Club Experience that assures success is within reach for every young person who enters our doors, with all members on track to graduate from high school with a plan for the future, demonstrating good character and citizenship, and living a healthy lifestyle.

The Need

Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay serves more than 12,500 youth in Hillsborough and Pasco Counties annually at our 25 Clubs. Our staff diligently work with our kids who fall into the Learning Gap due to the disparity in academic performance creating an Opportunity Gap which is dependent on race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and other factors that contribute to academic limitations.   

Our Three Pillars

Explore innovative programs designed to empower youth to excel in school, become good citizens and lead healthy, productive lives. 

Character & Leadership

Health & Wellness

Academic Successes

Our Community Impact

92%

qualify for reduced lunch

100%

graduation rate

74%

live at or below the federal poverty level

550K

meals served in 2020 in partnership with Feeding Tampa Bay

99%

youth no involvement with DJJ

Population We Serve

50/50

boys and girls served

40%

Hispanic

33%

Black

17%

White

10%

Other

Leadership Team

Freddy Williams

President & CEO

fjwilliams@bgctampa.org

DJ Gothe

Chief Financial Officer

dgothe@bgctampa.org

Toneice Evans

Director of Grants

tevans@bgctampa.org

Jason Jenkins

Vice President of Staff Development & Youth Outcomes

jjenkins@bgctampa.org

Elisa Jackson

Chief Development Officer

ejackson@bgctampa.org

Patrick Ryan

Vice President of Operations

pryan@bgctampa.org

History of Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay

Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay has been a strong thread in the fabric of the Tampa Bay community for more than 90 years. In 1926, the Tampa Rotary Club established the first Club, – the West Tampa Boys Club. After successfully financing and operating the Club for almost 20 years, the Rotarians recognized a need for expansion and thus began the growth of an organization dedicated to serving young men and women.

1926
Tampa Rotary establishes the West Tampa Boys Club
1947
Ybor City Boys Club opens doors in Cuscaden Park.
1950
The Optimist Club of West Tampa continues commitment through construction of the Interbay Boys Club
1951
George Guida and the Optimist Club of West Tampa begin construction to replace the the original West Tampa Boys Club
1957
The Boys Club of Tampa became an official partner of the United Way
1980
Ybor City Boys Club renamed the Jose Llaneza Branch.
1980
The Dover Boys Club opens its doors thanks to partnership with Hillsborough County Parks & Recreation
1981
Pilot program at the Interbay Boys Club includes service to girls.
1982
The Boys Club of Tampa changes their name to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Tampa
1983
The North Tampa Boys & Girls Club opens its doors at Rowlette Park. The Zonta Club opens its doors in Lowry Park, thanks to efforts from the Zonta Women’s Club
1985
The West Tampa Club is renamed the George M. Steinbrenner Family West Tampa Boys & Girls Club
1989
Partnership with Hillsborough County Parks & Recreation continues with the opening of the Town n Country Club
1989
The NationsBank Robles Park Boys & Girls Club also opens its doors. Through a joint effort with the City of Plant City, the Plant City Boys & Girls Club begins serving youth
1990
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Tampa changes its name to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay to reflect expansion. The Rembrandt Boys & Girls Club opens its doors with the support of the Hillsborough County Children’s Board
1991
The Ponce DeLeon Boys & Girls Club opens its doors in partnership with the Hillsborough County Children’s Board, Tampa Housing Authority and the United Way
1997
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay merges with Girls, Inc
2002
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay merges with Boys & Girls Clubs of Pasco County
2012
Boys & Girls Clubs of America changes its tagline after 17 years from “A Positive Place for Kids” to “Great Futures Start Here”
2013
The first Hillsborough County Sherriff partner site opens known as the Freddie Solomon Boys & Girls Club
2018
The Jeff & Penny Vinik Family Boys & Girls Club at Winston Park opens as the fourth Hillsborough County Sherriff partner site
2020
The Wimauma Boys & Girls Club at Bethune Park reopens in August of 2020 after undergoing a $1.8 million renovation
2026
We celebrate 100 years at Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay!

Press Releases

Get Involved

Ways to Give

Volunteer Opportunities

Great Futures Professional Council 

Alumni Association

Careers 

Upcoming Events

Sign Up For Our Newsletter